Re: DID Formal Objection Status Update (Dec 2021)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 19:40, Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2021, at 07:21 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ted, not sure this is the ideal thread to elaborate further
>
> Then start a new thread!
>

> > tl;dr the DID method registry is a controversial part of the spec.  It's
> going to be a challenge to get to the bottom of why that is.
>
> Really, I cannot consider this "tl;dr" seriously without more
> words.  If you feel this is not "the ideal thread" for such
> elaboration, then *please* start a new thread, and provide
> more detail of your thinking so that others (including myself)
> can understand your position and either concur or provide their
> (our) basis for disagreement.

The chairs have suggested pausing this topic, so I'm going to respect that

Controversial simply means there is public disagreement.  See:

https://www.w3.org/2019/did-wg/faqs/2021-formal-objections/