Re: What are VCs similar to?

On Aug 24, 2021, at 09:16 AM, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net> wrote:

> [last attempt :-) ]
> What I’m looking for is a set of existing specs that we can use as a model for how to structure our VC specification documents (which are not a single spec doc but rather a family of recommendations and notes).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Michael

1. All -- Note how I've trimmed all the excess from this message.
   (Also note, I do not include a logo in my email, especially
   not when sending to a large population such as this mailing
   list.) Please consider conserving the spinning rust that
   stores these messages, not to mention the sometimes limited
   bandwidth of the pipes through which they must travel, and
   do similarly in all replies.

2. Michael, I believe what you're looking for is what folks
   in W3 groups have long referred to as a PRIMER.  Examples
   include the PROV-O Primer [1], the RDF 1.1 Primer [2],
   and many more [3].  Contributions to such a primer for
   DIDs, VCs, and related arenas would be welcome, I'm sure,
   though I should caution all potential contributors that
   those contributions may be edited rather a lot by the end
   of the process, and you may not recognize what you have
   contributed in the final product -- but that does not
   mean that your contributions are not valuable and helpful
   along the way!  Every little bit helps!

Be seeing you,

Ted

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-primer/