Re: Proposal for Authorization in VC HTTP API

> It's our responsibility as Editors to ensure that we create secure APIs.

We obviously can't force people to acknowledge that OAuth2.0 is the defacto
solution to this problem which imposes the smallest burden on implementers.

A group that allows a vocal minority to hold up implementers who are trying
to implement reasonable security recommendations either lacks leadership or
security experts, or both.

We can't lead folks who don't want to follow us, if we split the group up
between folks that want an API that works with off the shelf authorization
servers, and folks that want to bundle support for an
emerging authorization protocol into an API... we'd make instant progress.

Just move authorization with GNAP or OAuth into its own spec... Stop trying
to force feed OAuth believers GNAP and vice versa.

I would personally love to see both, I just don't want to be forced to LEAD
both.

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*