Re: [VOTE CLOSING TODAY] VC HTTP API Renaming Poll

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 17:39:57 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 8/20/21 10:21 AM, Michael Herman wrote:
> [PRINCIPLED OBJECTION] I object to the VC HTTP API Renaming Poll being
> closed based on Eastern time. I believe it should have remained open
> (regardless of prior notice) for the rest of us in the Mountain and Pacific
> time zones? ...also Hawaii and Alaska timezones. I propose the poll be
> reopened until midnight Hawaii time on Sunday August 22, 2021 … another few
> days.

Objection acknowledged.

The opavote system that we use to poll is used for binding political
elections. Once a poll is closed (which is automatic), there is no option to
re-open the poll (at least, none that I can see). I have looked, particularly
because of your objection on the matter, and because it would be far easier to
re-open the poll than it is going to be to process your objection.

We would have to throw away all of the votes of the people that voted and
re-run an entirely new poll to include your vote.

We will cover your objection to see if there is consensus to throw away all of
the votes and re-run an entirely new poll when we review the outcome (which
won't happen on the next call, but the one after that one).

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/