From: Mike Prorock <mprorock@mesur.io>
Sent: August 20, 2021 8:11 AM
To: Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin <snorre@diwala.io>
Cc: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>; Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>; public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE CLOSING TODAY] VC HTTP API Renaming Poll

Jumping in due to the process question, and due to the discussion on the other thread.

In this case the Poll page itself, as well as the preview of the poll that was released a week or so ahead of the poll, was very clear on the time zone of the poll.  It would have been better if the mailing list announcement had specified a timezone explicitly, however it appears to me that plenty of time was given, and that information was clearly communicated, though there could have been improvements in this communication.  I would note from: https://www.w3.org/2020/Process-20200915/#WGArchiveMinorityViews

"An individual who registers a Formal Objection should cite technical arguments and propose changes that would remove the Formal Objection... Formal Objections that do not provide substantive arguments or rationale are unlikely to receive serious consideration by the Director."

This is an item up to the editors.  If they seem some lack of participation or major confusion from the community at large where a large number of votes were missed, etc.  I am positive that they would address appropriately.

Mike Prorock
CTO, Founder
https://mesur.io/