Re: Rango WoN Re: Public consultation on EU digital principles

Is any organisation willing to invest in this model for RPs of either PKCs or VCs or both?

Indeed, the "trust broker" is regulated  in eIDAS as “signature validation service”. This  implements full signature validation, which includes certificate validation, and takes liability.
According to EU Trust List, there are a few across Europe:

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/tl-browser/#/search/type/3?searchCriteria=eyJjb3VudHJpZXMiOlsiQVQiLCJCRSIsIkJHIiwiSFIiLCJDWSIsIkNaIiwiREsiLCJFRSIsIkZJIiwiRlIiLCJERSIsIkVMIiwiSFUiLCJJUyIsIklFIiwiSVQiLCJMViIsIkxJIiwiTFQiLCJMVSIsIk1UIiwiTkwiLCJOTyIsIlBMIiwiUFQiLCJSTyIsIlNLIiwiU0kiLCJFUyIsIlNFIiwiVUsiXSwic2VydmljZVR5cGVzIjpbIlFWYWxRRVNpZyIsIlZhbEVTaWciXX0%3D

Afaik, they are not providing significant business results yet.
Best,

—Luca