W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > August 2021

[MINUTES] W3C CCG Verifiable Credentials for Education Task Force Call - 2021-08-16 12pm ET

From: W3C CCG Chairs <w3c.ccg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 07:04:15 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <611d135f.1c69fb81.8c566.1995@mx.google.com>
Thanks to Marty Reed for scribing this week! The minutes
for this week's CCG Verifiable Credentials for Education Task Force telecon are now available:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2021-08-16-vc-education 

Full text of the discussion follows for W3C archival purposes.
Audio from the meeting is available as well (link provided below).

----------------------------------------------------------------
CCG Verifiable Credentials for Education Task Force Telecon Minutes for 2021-08-16

Agenda:
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2021Aug/0209.html
Topics:
  1. 0. Moderator: Start Recording
  2. 1. Agenda Review
  3. 2. IP Note
  4. 3. Call Notes
  5. 4. Scribe Selection
  6. 5. Introductions & Reintroductions
  7. 6 Update on Open Badges Alignment with VCs 
Organizer:
  Kerri Lemoie
Scribe:
  Marty Reed
Present:
  Balazs, Kerri Lemoie, Tzviya Siegman, Marty Reed, Stuart Freeman, 
  Nate Otto, Steve Gance, Taylor Kendall, Keith Kowal, Dmitri 
  Zagidulin, Sheryl, Kayode Ezike, David Ward, Bob Wyman, Colin 
  Reynolds, Learning Economy
Audio:
  https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2021-08-16/audio.ogg


Topic: 0. Moderator: Start Recording

Topic: 1. Agenda Review

Topic: 2. IP Note

Kerri Lemoie: https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/join

Topic: 3. Call Notes

Kerri Lemoie: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg
Kerri Lemoie: https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/

Topic: 4. Scribe Selection

Marty Reed is scribing.

Topic: 5. Introductions & Reintroductions

KL: anyone new to the call or want to re-intro?

Topic: 6 Update on Open Badges Alignment with VCs 

Marty Reed:  Rough proposal for CLR to accommodate VC [scribe 
  assist by Kerri Lemoie]
Marty Reed:  Not public yet [scribe assist by Kerri Lemoie]
KL: update on VCs and 2 IMS specs, OB and CLR
KL: proposal has been made to OB workgroup for OB 3.0 alignment 
  to VC
Kerri Lemoie: 
  https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jn9DjM-wlZT1B9moBP23qhiB2FZc_H8oqXIZN222a9U/edit#slide=id.p
KL: updates made to proposal based on feedback from workgroup
KL: pushback from CLR to align both specs with VC
KL: 2 charters to align achievements and assertions with VC.
KL: 2 new project groups will be formed there
MR: CLR will be on similar timeframe.
KL: Chairs for VC-EDU will reconvene in the coming week.
KL: updates to proposal for OB 3.0, add to Design Goals, Mapping 
  skills and Additional Terms for achievement, assertion and 
  result.
KL: update to proposal: hasCredential replaced with achievement 
  and achievement properties
KL: github has all difs
KL: next steps for VC-EDU workgroup, Data Model recommendation, 
  complex credentials, evidence, verifiable presentations
<dmitri_zagidulin> Kerri - I'd love to help, with that data model 
  doc
Kerri Lemoie: 
  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Am1eBGR-tLlRwXwTvSphMqjYdPeD76cpX3uJX6Pc74/edit#gid=0
KL: spreadsheet aligns OB CLR
NO: need to transition how we work next and where the discussion 
  should go next, align use cases
NO: what partnerships are available, what DID methods, other 
  layers of the text stack
Tech stack
KL: need to make sure this group is not just about OB
KL: particularly exchanges
Keith Kowal:  Q-use of types?
Keith Kowal:  How does the conversation evolve around types?
KL: need to do more research on types
KL: OB types discussion difficult a few years ago
NO: this group is open where we can submit these ideas and other 
  properties and use cases outside OB and CLR
NO: history over time around types and did not get agreement
NO: currently OB has good coverage in North American centric 
  approach
Kerri Lemoie: https://credreg.net/ctdl/terms
NO: credential engine has good accomodations for types
Marty Reed:  In complex credentials looked at diploma supplement 
  - have some non-north america-centric typein thatw ork group. 
  [scribe assist by Kerri Lemoie]
KL: agenda for next Monday is open
MR: good time, but second NO on sending out a doodle
KL: close meeting
Received on Wednesday, 18 August 2021 14:04:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 18 August 2021 14:04:33 UTC