Re: Diagrams for VC HTTP API work [was Re: [AGENDA] VC HTTP API Work Item - August 17th 2021]

On 8/16/21 5:16 PM, Joe Andrieu wrote:
> f. *Verifier Role* The website or software that uses a Verification
> Service as part of its decision making process for providing services to
> holders.

This is one of the things that threw me... "Role" and "Website" felt strange
in the Communications diagram.

I get that the "Website is playing the Role of Verifier", but when I see a
low-level component, like a "Verifier Service" communicating directly with a
"Holder", it feels like a layer/terminology violation for some reason.

I do think the previous diagrams suffer from this same problem to a degree as
well:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19wJSXTVabVpYJIv1b2hXPPpJ2mPlDkhyYnHylQFwE0Q/edit

It's hard to escape when you have two layers of detail in a single diagram.
Just making an observation, no idea how to make it better at present.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/