Re: Diagrams for VC HTTP API work [was Re: [AGENDA] VC HTTP API Work Item - August 17th 2021]

On 8/16/21 5:16 PM, Joe Andrieu wrote:
> Based on conversations with the use case team, I've put together the
> attached diagrams, illustrating a minimum conceptual model based on the
> USCIS Green Card use case, as implemented using CHAPI.

Thank you VC HTTP API Use Case Team -- those are helpful diagrams!

Some preliminary feedback:

* As DavidC mentioned, the numbering seems off on the
  "VC Issuance - Communications" diagram. Or, at least,
  there are some jumps that are hard to follow.

* I found the Communications diagrams hard to follow, but
  the sequence diagrams much easier to follow.

* That Roles were involved in the Communications diagrams
  was confusing. I kinda sorta get why they're there,
  but I can't say that I tried to fully grasp the
  mental model (I suspended disbelief instead of
  nodding my head in agreement).

* I had a hard time understanding if the Class diagram and
  the endpoint spreadsheet[1] matched up.

* Breaking up the sequence diagrams by action (eventually)
  would be helpful. Seeing multiple interactions in one
  diagram makes the system look far more complicated than
  it is.

* When you verify a VP, you typically verify a VC, but I
  didn't see that captured anywhere.

Overall, though, it's a great illustration of the sort of flows we want to
make sure the VC HTTP API can do. In other words, we should be able to show
the exact same flow that CHAPI does over VC HTTP API.

-- manu

[1]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hlevKRxCXsJBWvJTkL30nZVp8cpF26aY3PJqzuHtIZE/edit#gid=0

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/