Re: Diagrams for VC HTTP API work [was Re: [AGENDA] VC HTTP API Work Item - August 17th 2021]

On 8/17/21 3:47 AM, Juan Caballero wrote:
> Can't a VP be signed without any VCs inside?

Yes, it can (credentialSubject is optional):

https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model/#presentations-0

> What is the specification status of an empty VP?

It's legal, although that's not what either you or David are talking about
here. Be sure to be more precise in your language, because in this particular
case, it really matters.

> As far as I can tell, a VP with no VCs in it is a fairly common mechanism
> for signing a challenge to authenticate control of a DID,

Specifically, this is the sort of VP exchange that we're talking about (and
have been using for the past 5+ years):

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vp-request-spec/#did-authentication-request

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/