Re: [MINUTES] VC HTTP API Telecon for 2021-08-10

On 8/11/21 4:53 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 8/11/21 3:42 PM, Steven Rowat wrote:
>> I get 404 not found, for the above.
>
> We've broken Github.
>
> We're working on a fix...

The fix is in place, and all of our minutes infrastructure is working again:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/

Specifically, the latest page build succeeded:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2021-08-10-vchttpapi/

The fix was to move 3.2GBs of meeting transcriptions and audio recordings
(years 2014-2019) to its own repository:

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/201x-meeting-archives

... and then do some surgery to remove those meetings from our working
meetings directory (which is now around 1.9GBs):

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/meetings/

... and then painfully re-upload the entire history in chunks to not overrun
Github's per-push upload limits... and then cross-link our meetings page to
include both histories on a single page. People looking at the website won't
notice any change, it'll be completely transparent to them.

This solution should keep us going for another 3-5 years... we're running out
of space because of the cadence of meetings has picked up significantly in the
last year or so. This approach will continue to work, but is not ideal. A
re-design of our archival system, or Github's page build infrastructure would
address the issue.

No further action is required for at least 3 years.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/