Re: Transparent funding declarations

On 8/9/21 11:50 AM, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) wrote:
> So all of our companies names should be listed in the VC HTTP API
> specification? …the companies that in some way sponsor a contributor?

What is typically done is that government funding is acknowledged, then other
(typically non-profit or community-based) organizations that helped and their
leadership, then individuals that participated and contributed to a
specification are listed... typically in that order.

If you contribute to a specification and want your company name listed, we can
put it beside your name in the acknowledgements, which are put together when
the specification is in it's final stages. Here's an example of what that
process looks like:

https://github.com/w3c/did-core/pull/780

So, if you want your company name listed in the specification, and your name
ends up being listed because you contributed something go ahead and request it
(via a PR is the easiest).

The bar there is extremely low, you just need to comment on an issue or PR and
you're in the acknowledgements list.

So, yeah, if you want your company name listed beside your name in the
acknowledgements, just ask for it.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/