Re: REVIEW REQUEST: Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0

Thanks Melvin.  This question is now being tracked in the DID Core repo here:  https://github.com/w3c/did-core/issues/413

-- dan
________________________________
From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 9:56 AM
To: Daniel Burnett <daniel.burnett@entethalliance.org>
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>; brent.zundel@evernym.com <brent.zundel@evernym.com>
Subject: Re: REVIEW REQUEST: Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 16:22, Daniel Burnett <daniel.burnett@entethalliance.org<mailto:daniel.burnett@entethalliance.org>> wrote:
Dear CCG participants,

The Decentralized Identifier Working Group [1] has been making steady progress on its primary specification, "Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0". [2]  Although changes are still occurring, we believe the document is ready for broader review.  We would very much appreciate any review and feedback that you are willing to give us.  The best way to give feedback is in the form of new issues in our GitHub repository, [3] but a reply to this email is okay as well.

Just a quick look

There appears to be two key concepts in DIDs

1. DID Document (mentioned about 200 times)
2. DID Subject (mentioned about 100 times)

From the text it appears that these two are separate things, in that the DID Document contains the DID Subject (I could be wrong there)

If so it was not clear the syntax used to relate (1) and (2) ... for example to have an object for the document linking to an object for the subject ... what is the predicate for that?

Practical upshot.  The "Created" property can apply to different things including a proof.  So it might be the case that the did: was created at some time, and the document was created at another different time.

How would you express that, or is it not possible?

Thanks,

Dan Burnett and Brent Zundel, DID WG Co-chairs

[1] https://www.w3.org/2019/did-wg/
[2] https://w3c.github.io/did-core/
[3] https://github.com/w3c/did-core/issues