Re: New Work Item Proposal: VC HTTP API

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:18 AM Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>
wrote:

> Just from a process perspective, I just checked, and while the CCG list
> of work <https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/blob/master/work_items.md>
> items <https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/blob/master/work_items.md>
> shows the two current repositories separately, the original proposal
> <https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/issues/102> was for a single work
> item.
>
> So I'm simply wondering if we need to formally propose a new CCG work item
> and go through that process, or if we could "just do it" and merge the
> repos within the existing CCG work item. Joe? Kim? Christopher?

I don’t see it as needing approval like a brand new work item requires, but
I do believe we need to track major events like this, especially as leads &
scope may change. Thus the new work item form is the best way to go about
it for now.

The co-chairs welcome any suggestions for improvements on this update work
item process (as we are winging it right now), and welcome someone to
create a second work item template/workflow or even leverage GitHub actions
to make updates by work item editors easier.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]