Re: Privacy-protecting contact tracer for COVID-19?

> /The compute necessary to do that calculation boggles the mind (but I//
> //expect might work just fine if off-loaded to a decentralized system)./
These are exactly the kinds of problems that my optimization team loves.
For example, one fellow on our team:

    /Dr. Fred Glover is the inventor of Quantum Bridge Analytics.
    Formerly, Distinguished Professor, Emeritus, at the University of
    Colorado, Boulder. He has authored more than 500 published articles
    and eight books in the fields of mathematical optimization and
    artificial intelligence, and is the recipient of the von Neumann
    Theory Prize, the highest honor of the Institute of Operations
    Research and Management Science. He pioneered the development and
    commercialization of specialized solutions for such network problem
    classes as shortest path, assignment, transportation, capacitated
    transshipment, generalized network and linear programming embedded
    networks problems. The breakthroughs from this work have been
    adopted by over fifty government agencies and Fortune 500 companies./
    /
    //Fred developed the first efficient methods for solving networks
    with millions of variables. His work for the U.S. Treasury solved
    problems containing over 60,000,000 variables, to evaluate the
    fiscal impact of taxation, welfare and social security policy. The
    U.S. Army conducted an extensive study showing that these algorithms
    made it possible to solve optimally multi-criteria personnel
    assignment problems with 8,000 people and over a million eligible
    job assignments in less than 15 minutes. These algorithms have been
    used extensively by the Army Military Personnel Center in the
    reassignment of enlisted personnel./

It's important that we not avoid problems that boggle our minds, and
seek to work with others who are smarter than we are. This is why I'm
appealing to y'all, because you are smarter than I am on this DID stuff.

We are definitely focusing on things like viruses surviving on plastic
and metal surfaces for 2-3 days, and what it means for location-aware
contract tracing.

Moses

--

*Moses Ma | Managing Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma | /linktr.ee/moses.tao/
<http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation and third generation blockchains.

Learn more at /www.futurelabconsulting.com/
<http://futurelabconsulting.com>. For calendar invites, please cc:
mosesma@gmail.com

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
<https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Design-Sprint-Application-Disruptive/dp/1799143864>
| my blog at /psychologytoday.com/
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation>.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY
REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR
BY RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THIS
EMAIL SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED BINDING; HARD COPY DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED
TO CREATE LEGALLY BINDING COMMITMENTS. FOR CALENDAR INVITES, PLEASE CC:
MOSESMA@GMAIL.COM