Re: A Moment of Silence #Foremembrance Today at 19:06 CET, 2:06 pm EDT, 11:06 am PDT, and Saturday at 2:06am in Hong Kong & Taipei

On 3/27/20 8:41 AM, Daniel Hardman wrote:
> I will try to join you. Thank you for suggesting it.

I can't join, but thank you for the message and I'll observe the moment
of silence, Christopher.

Visiting the memorial in person with people from this group was moving
and a reminder that we need to keep these painful lessons from the past
in mind as we build out these systems.

> @Ian: I share your frustration with the surveillance economy, but feel
> that your comment steps away from the ethos of our group.

I'd like to underscore Daniel's comment. Many of us are in this group
because we share in the frustration with the current surveillance
economy. That said, the frustration is no excuse to tear down what
others in the community are building. Your criticism was not
constructive, please refrain from doing that again.

We need to focus on helping each other build the world that we want to
see realized.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches