Re: Community TODO: IPR Process for VCWG maintenance work (work item #94)

Thanks Heather.  A couple of comments.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 1:53 PM Heather Vescent <heathervescent@gmail.com>
wrote:

> WHAT IS IT?
> This is basically the IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) process which
> covers Verified Credentials (VC) spec maintenance for VCWG (Verified
> Credentials Working Group). The VCWG finished the 1.0 spec and is now only
> responsible for maintenance. Any new changes to the VC spec

One quick correction for the benefit of those who might not have been very
involved in this work:  it's "Verifiable Credentials", not "Verified
Credentials". There is an important semantic distinction between those two
phrases.

should come through the CCG as a PR (pull-request), which will then be sent
> to the VCWG. Then the PR will be reviewed by the VCWG for IPR requirements
> and if passes be added as a maintenance change.

The VCWG will also verify that the changes stay within the scope of the
charter for the VC work.