Re: Request to Migrate DID Method registry management to W3C DID WG

On 2020-06-16 2:45 pm, Manu Sporny wrote:
> The DID Method sorting code, however, has clear ROI. Being able to
> see the provisional DID Methods or the ones that have a test suite
> or claim to be in production would be helpful. -- manu

And -- as discussed in an earlier thread -- to some it would also be
helpful to sort the DID Methods for whether they are intended for
public or private uses, and to have a rough description of what they
are intended to do.

So, I'd like to ask, is this type of sorting code possible also in the
situation you're describing?

Because I believe it would be helpful, for the wider understanding of
what's being accomplished with DIDs, if some sort of gloss text like
that could be included, for non-technical humans to read. And also for
developers who are attempting to understand what's being done, and by
who; who to approach; what can be used or re-used; and what still
needs to be built.

Steven