Re: DHS SVIP Blockchain/DLT/SSI Cohort - Multi-Product Phase 1 Interop Artifacts/ Scaffolding / Information

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:00:00 -0700
To: daniel.hardman@evernym.com
Cc: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Dan Bolser <dan@geromics.co.uk>, "John, Anil" <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov>, Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 9:35 AM Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>
wrote:

> I'm just noting that did:peer was recently updated to provide an upgrade
> path from did:key that may be helpful in some cases. You can create a
> did:key and then begin using it as a did:peer when you need endpoints or
> additional key complexity (e.g., rotation, multiple key values, different
> key types). This allows you to preserve the "no blockchain or network
> required" characteristic longer than would be possible otherwise.

I’m investigating if you can use the secp256k1 version of did:key for a
time then bootstrap into one of the Bitcoin network DIDs like did:btcr.

I’m also interested in investigating soon a possible did:torv3 Métis which
is like did:web: but uses the distributed 25519 keys that Tor V3 uses.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]