Re: did:key questions (was: DHS SVIP Blockchain/DLT/SSI Cohort - Multi-Product Phase 1 Interop Artifacts/ Scaffolding / Information)

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 at 15:10, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 6/12/20 8:28 AM, Dan Bolser wrote:
> > Just reading this:
> > https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-method-key/
> >
> > Which looks nice, but I don't understand how resolution from DID to DID
> > doc happens.
> >
> >     The creation of a DID Document is also performed by taking the
> >     public key value and expanding it into DID Document
>
> Hi Dan, I'm one of the Editors for that specification. I'm going to
> attempt to answer your questions below:
>
> > Ah... is the DID doc just a version of the key in a different format?
>
> Yes, more or less. The DID Document is deterministically generated from
> the DID. The goal of did:key is to be THE simplest and easiest to
> implement DID Method.
>
> > e.g. no other fields except those directly derived from the key are
> allowed?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Sorry if that's obvious (sorry if this is a dumb question).
>
> No dumb questions... and this is a very good question and gets to the
> heart of what did:key is about.

Hopefully this is neither a dumb question:

Could a did:key Document be embedded in a regular JSON-LD document or "Data
Island"

For example could I say "Alice has a did:key:multihash document"

What would be a way to link Alice and the did:key, if there is one?

In Turtle:

<#Alice> *???* <did:key:multihash> .

In JSON-LD

{
  "@id": "#Alice",
  "*???*":  [{ "@id" : "did:key:multihash" }]

What is the part labeled with 3 question marks?