Re: Digital Bazaar corporate position on upcoming election

I appreciate this note. However, I do think one of the benefits of
community groups is the ability to more directly represent the
needs/interests of its members. If our membership list reflected extreme
overrepresentation of certain companies that would cause suspicion of the
integrity of the vote, I think we might have considered a different
approach. And note that because we have not codified the election process
in the charter, future chairs may be able to change this if the situation
changes.

Digital Bazaar has been an excellent leader in the CCG, and I personally
trust its employees to make a decision that balances the needs of Digital
Bazaar and their own opinions on what's right for the community. So even
though Digital Bazaar standards to benefit most from 1 vote per member, vs
1 vote per company, I trust its employees to make a thoughtful and informed
decision.

This extends to all members of the CCG. Our strength has been our
community, and I want the outcome of the vote to reflect their interests.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the chairs, but I am speaking as someone with
a lot of skin in the game -- as someone who will be working closely with
the winner, and as someone committed to the ongoing success of this
community (even after my year is up).