RE: json-ld signatures with Ed25519VerificationKey2018

Of course!

-----Original Message-----
From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Sent: Πέμπτη, 4 Ιουνίου 2020 4:43 μμ
To: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: json-ld signatures with Ed25519VerificationKey2018

On 6/3/20 1:57 PM, Nikos Fotiou wrote:
> In any case, we are trying to understand how JSON-LD
> Ed25519Signature2018 Signatures are generated. As an exercise we wrote
> a small python script that uses PyLD and pynacl to output the proof
> part of a document. The output it generates is the same as digital
> bazaar's library so I guess it is correct. I leave the link here in
> case anybody wants to check it *for educational purposes*

Nikos, this is great news! When the Linked Data Security Working Group launches (we're still a ways off from that), we'd love to include your independent implementation as an example of an interoperable implementation. There will be a test suite to run it against, but that you've generated a working example, I expect that it won't be very difficult to conform to the test suite. That work is at least a year or so out, but just giving you a heads up that we'd like you to be involved in that work in some capacity.

blog: Veres One Decentralized Identifier Blockchain Launches https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches