Re: json-ld signatures with Ed25519VerificationKey2018

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:42:35 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 6/3/20 1:57 PM, Nikos Fotiou wrote:
> In any case, we are trying to understand how JSON-LD
> Ed25519Signature2018 Signatures are generated. As an exercise we
> wrote a small python script that uses PyLD and pynacl to output the
> proof part of a document. The output it generates is the same as
> digital bazaar's library so I guess it is correct. I leave the link
> here in case anybody wants to check it *for educational purposes*

Nikos, this is great news! When the Linked Data Security Working Group
launches (we're still a ways off from that), we'd love to include your
independent implementation as an example of an interoperable
implementation. There will be a test suite to run it against, but that
you've generated a working example, I expect that it won't be very
difficult to conform to the test suite. That work is at least a year or
so out, but just giving you a heads up that we'd like you to be involved
in that work in some capacity.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches