Re: Multi-sig credentials?

One other piece that the current approach of PDF signatures achieves for you, that VC’s current model doesn’t address, is the ability for those individual parties to sign *different things* and have the signatures directly connected to the relevant portions.   This is important in parallel signature workflows such as two partners/spouses signing a property purchase agreement or a lease where neither is necessary signing the other person’s signature.  This differs from the case where you have a notary (or equivalent) that is signing “over” previous signatures.

In that context, not only do we have the issues raised by Dmitri and the VC data model and Daniel about DID’s, but you also may have to address issues with the canonicalization of the data format being signed (eg. JSON/JSON-LD).

Leonard

From: Dmitri Zagidulin <dzagidulin@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 11:45 AM
To: Keerthi Thomas <thomas.keerthi@gmail.com>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Multi-sig credentials?

Hi Keerthi,

As Daniel mentioned, this is an important question, and has come up several times. Here are my thoughts on it, on the vc-data-model issue - https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/741#issuecomment-626977331<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fw3c%2Fvc-data-model%2Fissues%2F741%23issuecomment-626977331&data=02%7C01%7Clrosenth%40adobe.com%7Ce6bdbd7800ce4da7148408d82743c867%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637302519374373818&sdata=cBWoPEpzjaTtIuEPSNDrZxmAJB%2FuXQn04zU4wGK0%2FJo%3D&reserved=0>