Re: Multi-sig credentials?

On 7/13/20 10:58 AM, Keerthi Thomas wrote:
> In a paper based approach, it is relatively straightforward, signatures
> are obtained serially.

Note that Linked Data Proofs have supported unordered set signatures and
ordered set signatures for a number of years now:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/ld-proofs/#multiple-proofs

The Veres One DID Method uses set signatures for writing DID Document
operations to the ledger, where the first signature is a proof to assert
that you have the authority to write to the ledger and the second is a
proof that you are the DID controller.

That said, multi-sig use cases are often more complex than they need to
be and when you break down the use case, the sort of verifiable
credential being issued is slightly different. That is, what we do on
paper is often bad data modelling, and we can be more precise in the
digital world.

I suggest you try to solve your problem by using simple single-issuer /
single-signer VCs. We have come across very few use cases that require
multisig -- including the use case that I think you're asserting needs
to be solved with a multisig.

If you find that you absolutely need multisig, LD Proofs can do it (set
or chained).

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches