Re: OpenAttestation (was Re: looking for a specific use-case)

Arshad,

OpenAttestation was an underlying component of OpenCerts.  You may find
this paper
<https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot9-prague/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/Decentralising%20OpenCerts%20v2.md>
that I co-wrote provides some history and establishes the rationale for
creating it, and why we felt that many governments would do the same
thing.  A lot of the recommendations in that paper have since been
implemented and, as Steve said, there are plans to better align with the
VC data model and use of DIDs.

The main page for OpenCerts <http://opencerts.io/> uses an .io top level
domain.  Not sure about the choice of .com over .org for OpenAttestations.

Regards, Bill Claxton (williamc@itr8.com <mailto:williamc@itr8.com>)
Facebook, Skype, MSN, Yahoo, Twitter, Flickr or Gmail: wmclaxton
Voice, Text or Whatsapp: +65-9012-4327