Re: Verifiable Requests?

There are a lot of interesting things going on here, and I need help
untangling it.

1. The idea that it’s a gap in the VC data model would imply there’s
consensus on what a Verifiable Request is. Does this mean there is a
common/well known structure, or that rather the concept of a "Verifiable
Request" is missing?

2. I was especially surprised by the idea that it's a gap, because the VC
data model explicitly does not define transfer/exchange protocols (see section
5.1 <https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#lifecycle-details>), but I see
your point. VPs are used within one side of the exchange protocol, so it
does it feel asymmetric. I checked the definition of VP
<https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#presentations> and understand the
argument for a distinct notion of a VP. But yeah it certainly feels odd
because of the way VPs are used.

3. I thought Verifiable Requests were one of the points of the Presentation
Exchange spec? Is this saying there is an element of the PE spec that is
analogous to a VP that might make sense for inclusion in the VC data model?

4. Either way, I believe we can't approach this as a change to the existing
VC v1 spec. But if it makes sense, it could be incubated, proposed as a
note (I think that's the term) on the existing spec, and then finally a
candidate for inclusion in a next rev of the spec.

I’m very supportive of (what I think is) the goal, and I think it’s a good
candidate for further refinement. I'm not very familiar with the PE spec,
so maybe I'm just confused.