Re: VCs - zCaps / OCap a Discussion

A request for an authorization token could be encoded as a VC presented to
a controller service endpoint but I'm not sure that makes sense. The
Subject of the request is the requesting party but they are acting on
behalf of some employer. Alan makes this distinction quite clear as we
discuss revocation of Bob's capabilities.

As for the Subject of the authorization token issued by the controller
service, it sounds like we want that Subject to be Bob's employer rather
than Bob himself. The authorization token is presented to a policy
enforcement point that may choose to 'introspect' the token or not. This
has a direct impact on both revocation and audit. In a Zero Trust
Architecture, it is desirable to provide a confidential audit capability
for activity at the policy enforcement point that is separate from the
audit capability at the policy decision point. How do we do that while
keeping the policy enforcement point blind to the requesting party and
purpose components of the initial request?

I've added a related comment to the Confidential Storage issues.
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/confidential-storage/issues/128#issuecomment-741131968

Adrian