Re: Interoperability/Integration through schema migration

On 8/20/20 10:55 AM, Niels Klomp wrote:
> We regularly come across potential use cases for URIs/resolution, like
> for instance being able to point to other ledgers, transactions and/or data.
>
> I think it would be very beneficial if there would be something similar
> for resolution of data across ledgers.

Yep, folks have been working on it for a while:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/blockchain-links/

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/blockchain-links/

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/issues/114

Also, of note wrt. ledger schemas:

https://w3c.github.io/web-ledger/

Web Ledger is used for the Veres One DID Ledger... but outside of that
hasn't gotten much uptake. The issue we've found is that everyone wants
their ledger and ledger format to win... there haven't been enough
ledger ecosystem failures yet to convince companies that they need to
standardize at this layer... everyone wants to become the next Oracle or
MongoDB... Ethereum and Bitcoin ecosystems seem to be too invested in
their internal ledger formats (and the ecosystem is too large) for them
to change now or even consider an interoperability layer between the two
systems.

We've only had success interoperating at higher layers... Verifiable
Credentials, CHAPI, Encrypted Data Vaults, etc... and that may be all we
need to get to healthy competitive market.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches