Re: Oracles as Issuers

On 8/11/20 6:32 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> The only difference is whether the request is made by the data subject
> themselves (to go to their wallet) or by a verifier directly.

As a data point, one design goal that we were successful in achieving
with Verifiable Credentials was the ability to just publish them on a
website, much in the way schema.org publishes data about the
company/website/hours of operation/ratings/etc. today:

https://schema.org/docs/about.html

This is how most of us find out about companies and people today -- go
to a search engine, search for the thing you want, an infobox shows up
on the right with details about the thing you searched for. Example here
(click on JSON-LD at bottom):

https://schema.org/openingHours

None of that information today is verifiable, but we could make it
verifiable by telling website publishers to upgrade the JSON-LD they
publish for schema.org today with Verifiable Credentials (which are
JSON-LD data with digital signatures). Same protocol, same process,
search engines already consume this information. No extra protocol work
necessary.

Just a data point... way easier than working on a new protocol and would
have immediate relevance.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches