Re: Test Run for new W3C CCG Meeting System

On 8/4/20 2:12 PM, Wayne Chang wrote:
> There were close to 30 members conferencing on high-definition
> audio/video/screen-sharing and a functioning bridge back to IRC with
> proper "q+"-style queueing, an open and accessible feature that isn't
> possible with other popular conferencing tools today.

I'm attaching a screen shot of some stats from when we all tried to take
the new conferencing system down at the end of the call... for anyone
that's interested.

Our community server is in Northern Virginia, Azure data center. It is a
standard Azure B-series (B2s) 2 VCPU, 3.5GB RAM machine... which is
quite under powered.

We peaked at 80% CPU usage (but only on a single CPU) and 300MB/s in
total network output (everyone sharing their HD Video + HD Audio tends
to eat up a lot of bandwidth). CPU and network settled back down quickly
after the call. So, the system survived a concerted
videoconference-based attack. :)

Kerri did something that we were totally not expecting (which was
awesome!) and broadcasted a Hamilton soundtrack Youtube video to
everyone using a feature we had never tested before, which worked (many
of us hearing audio/video). It took down her browser but the rest of us
kept going. Juan had, hands down, the best use of flailing Muppet
arms[1] (guaranteed to increase network bandwidth usage significantly).

We discovered one bug with an unknown cause... at some point during the
call, the IRC-side started doubly transmitting all messages to the
Jitsi-side (XMPP). We'll look into that bug and get it fixed.

Overall, great success! Thanks to everyone for helping to test the new
system out.

If you had connection difficulties, things didn't work as expected, or
any other part of the experience was sub par, please let the rest of us
know (by responding to this email) so that we can track it.

-- manu

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJM4UhbQ7A

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches