Re: Question on use of base64 vs base64url in modern specifications

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020, at 12:10 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
> But if the key is ephemeral then it wont even be exceedingly rare, it
> will be never. So we dont need human readability for machine-only used
> ephemeral keys

That assumes you never have a human writing, testing, debugging, or supporting such systems.

And, yes, there are systems that experimentally use AI-generated representational expressions to see what new forms of communication strategies might emerge from different system constraints, but for the most part, humans write, run, and maintain the code that runs the world.

Humans are most likely going to be reading these numbers, checking them against expectations and even typing them in, so, as Dmitri points out, *we* all care.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu, PMP joe@legreq.com
LEGENDARY REQUIREMENTS +1(805)705-8651