Re: Hashlink parameterized URL

what's interesting is that this introduces some tooling on the caller side
I hadn't thought about til now. This is presented as a query parameter, yet
callers are simply stripping this off before sending* and checking the
response hash.

*for a range of concerns: we don't trust the response, and also what if
"hl" collides with an existing parameter or fails because it doesn't
recognize.

It's weird that we express it as a query parameter and then not use it that
way. Not complaining, just surprised.