Re: [toolsCCI] Example Immunoglobulin Detection Test Credential

On 13/04/2020 08:14, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> I'm assuming the Subject / Holder does not have a DID.

agreed. But rather than DID, the more important question is, does the
holder have a key pair or not?

With FIDO2, the answer is yes. Every mobile phone user has an unlimited
number of key pairs and does not even know it.

> Also, I'm assuming the Testing Lab has no DID either. There are
> relatively few of them and they would have SSL certs and websites
> accessible to the credential issuer (see below).
agree with all of the above.

> The Testing Facility may not need a DID as long as the lab they are
> sending samples to trusts them out of band which is likely, because
> they have to trust them for all sorts of other processes.

I would go further and say the Testing Facility does not need a DID. In
fact no player in the system needs a DID.

> The only entity that may need a DID to *issue* a credential to the
> subject is the expert that interprets the lab results + symptoms +
> previous results + health records of the subject. This is likely
> credentialed doctor or trained expert and they will have to sign the
> credential in a non-repudiable way.

DIDs don't sign anything. Keys do.

Kind regards

David