Regarding "scope" of the new CCG charter

From: Kim Hamilton <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 14:34:56 -0700
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi all,
Partially on behalf of the chairs (I'm piecing this response together from
chair email threads and discussions)[1], I wanted to weigh in on the
"scope" section from the new CCG charter that's being discussed in various
threads[2].

The chairs did not solicit feedback on the scope because it did not change
from the previous version of the charter. Joe pointed out (and I agree)
that this is possibly an oversight on our part. From my perspective, I was
eager to discuss and get feedback on the sections we did change, because
our changes took much longer than expected. On behalf of all the chairs,
we wanted to unblock the new election process so that we can move forward
with the next chair election -- we are eager to encourage new leadership in
the group.

At this point, I'd lean towards moving forward with the vote on the charter
as-is, but not considering this topic closed --  we can revisit changing
the scope section even after the new charter has landed. This would unblock
the next election cycle, and generally allow us to land the significant
changes we did make.

We're open to feedback, and it may make sense to discuss this briefly at
the next meeting.

Thanks,
Kim

[1] Joe/Christopher have every right to correct me if I
misinterpreted/mis-summarized anything
[2] My personal interpretation is the broader one, but that's less
important than whether the group feels the language accurately reflects our
goals/scope. This is why I'd be in favor of giving this discussion proper
attention rather than proposing a quick patch to the scope language.