Re: Automated minutes publication

Thanks again, Manu.

>   hope my response wasn't taken as me thinking it was a "dumb" question
> (re-reading my semi-ranty response, I can see how one may have come to
> that conclusion)... If I did, I apologize, that was not my intent.

Definitely fine.  I was serious about putting that information into a FAQ
so the next person asking (there will be more...) can be directed to that.

IRC - the list of features you mentioned are not compelling to me as other
than tradeoffs (vs. showstoppers).  Thanks to Amy though for mentioning
what I thought may be the case - IRC is used between meetings not just
within meetings.  I thought that might be the case. Consolidating on a
single chat system is as hard as ever in the current landscape. The other
specific question I had is whether IRC (or something) is doing real-time
call transcription?

> I personally don't
> think there is a big barrier to joining the calls (you can use a phone,
> you can use the Web, you can use a native client... we support it all,
> but the SIP clients kinda suck... onsip is great, but maybe people have
> issues with that one as well?).

I'll reread the guidance on how to join. Last I checked it was phone and
SIP only for audio.

From Brent:
> Zoom chat only exists for the duration of the calls and I wouldn't
recommend using it as the place to scribe or queue.
> My preferred setup would be Zoom for audiovisual and IRC for notes,
queuing, and conversation.

When you record a Zoom call, you get the chat record as well, so it does
last longer, if you choose to use it.  The challenge with combining
multiple systems in a single call is that the transcription would not know
who is talking, which is pretty important.

Thanks for the feedback.

--

Stephen Curran
Principal, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc. (C3I)

*Schedule a Meeting: **https://calendly.com/swcurran
<https://calendly.com/swcurran>*