Re: Automated minutes publication

Interesting arguments, and the accessibility is the one that resonates.
Thanks for taking the time to send them.  I'm hoping that you take that
email and put it in a document for others dumb enough to start this
conversation again. If you do, please add what it is that IRC brings to
this vs. any other in-conference chat system (like the one in Zoom, for
example).

I don't see that the "missing" features listed are actual requirements but
rather as ways to keep things working as they have in the good old days.
Even  a queue management protocol is available in Zoom. As long as you come
out of a meeting with a recording (voice and the completely unnecessary :-)
screen sharing), transcript and chat log, each in a non-proprietary format,
you should be good, right? Bonus points if the in-call experience is great.

On the more serious topic of accessibility, I'd be interested in the
feedback of those with real experience. Given that Zoom is a mainstream
tool that people in the software industry today encounter on a daily basis,
and SIP/IRC tools here are unknown to all classes of users other than those
already in this group, which is more accessible? And which is going to be
more accessible tomorrow?

My overall point is that the system is a not insignificant barrier to
participation from a broader populace.

No response needed, we've both made our points. While I would love to see a
change, I'm good to end this discussion on a "we disagree" basis.

--

Stephen Curran
Principal, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc. (C3I)

*Schedule a Meeting: **https://calendly.com/swcurran
<https://calendly.com/swcurran>*