Re: Identity Hubs and Agents

From: Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 17:08:17 -0600
To: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Regarding the issue of terminology around identity hubs and agents (raised
by Adrian in the Google Doc, and also re-mentioned in the email thread), I
have a doc I'd like to share.

Before anyone roll their eyes and suggests that I need to rein in my
terminologically imperialist tendencies :-) again, please suspend judgment
for a second. When Daniel B and Sam C and I were writing the "Rhythm" paper
about how hubs and agents could harmonize, we identified terminology as one
of our big inhibitors to progress, and we spent time coming up with a list
of concepts that needed terms. We did not get to closure on what those
terms should be, so unlike my earlier push on agent terminology, I don't
actually have a strong opinion about what terms the community should choose
for these concepts. But I do care about the list of concepts itself. I
think it might provide a good (but incomplete) set of concepts for which
terms might be needed, with respect to the narrow subtopic of this email
thread.

I've attached the doc as a PDF. @Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> does
that satisfy the need for the doc to be in the permanent archive, or do I
need to paste it inline in my email?