Re: Regarding Text to HTML conversion

On 8/5/19 1:17 AM, Kim Hamilton wrote:
> We appear not to be using RRSAgent correctly, or at least, not in a
> way that's consistent with standard W3C procedures.

We don't use RRSAgent at all because it doesn't allow us to fix the
minutes/logs if bad things happen (like, global search/replace that
wipes the logs, erroneous search/replace). You'd need a staff contact to
step in, IIRC, and they don't do that for CGs.

RRSAgent also doesn't handle the phone lines, that's Zakim's job (and it
could only control the MIT phone lines, not the ones that the CCG uses),
and Zakim was phased our a number of years ago. We had to write the
voipbot to take Zakim's place. If we get rid of the voipbot, we'd lose
the ability to control the audio lines, queue management, publishing of
.log files, etc.

The easiest thing to do at this point is probably to extend voipbot to
do the "autopublish at the end of the call" thing that RRSAgent does,
but this often leads to crappy minutes as no one goes back and cleans
them up. Losing the audio would create legal uncertainty around IPR, as
if someone is misquoted, there is no other record to go to and figure
out that they said something different and the scribe mis-scribed what
they said.

Feels like this thread is going to create a lot of work for whoever
takes on this work. I'm all for someone else figuring out how to
auto-publish minutes, it's not difficult, but whoever takes that on
should know about all of the requirements when building such a system.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches