Re: Prioritizing Individual Sovereignty over Interoperability

> A hashlink to a DID Document stored on the web is *perfectly* cryptographically
verifiable

Dimitri

I agree with your motivation behind did:web but feel its important to
highlight that a hashlink to a DID doc leaves open the possibility of stale
DID docs being presented as valid. Public blockchains mitigate against this.

The hashlink on a website approach takes away from the key/endpoint update
& delete benefits from the DID spec design .. its more akin to hosting your
public key on your website.

Cheers,
Mrinal

twitter.com/mrinal