Re: Seeking to update Decentralized Identity related slides

FYI, much of the stuff in Kaliya's presentation re: DIDs and VCs is from
our report: https://ssiscoop.com/

I did a similar, although, more high level overview of DIDs and VCs for the
Banking industry at Money2020 - I hesitated to share it here.

I feel uncomfortable asking Kaliya for her slides. Those are her IP, and
it's based on our report and also her decades of work in this community and
her own IP.

This is exactly the kind of thing the community needs to explain what we do
to outsiders - to push forth the industry for us all. This is exactly why,
Kaliya and I wrote the report in the first place, and are raising a bounty
to open our report (and future ones/more of this kind of outward industry
facing communication).

How can we work together to financially compensate, acknowledge and support
the development and broad sharing of this kind of work?

-Heather

ps. In previous times in my career, I have been liberal sharing my
information for free, paying it forward, building the community, in the
idea that the value I gave, would come back to me. That model didn't work.
Community efforts are at risk of being co-opted, built upon, leveraged for
other people's business models - by people with more power and resources.

pps. A note, I recently attended the German Blockchain paper session at
IIW. While all of those authors, volunteered their time, they all had
day-jobs that gave them the time to volunteer, so they weren't taking any
financial risk. This is not the same situation as others of us in the
community (and there are many, Joe, Andrew, Kaliya, myself, and also Chris
come to mind).

We need to come up with a way to *financially* support those of us doing
important work in the community, for the benefit of the community. And to
protect against someone/thing with more power/resources co-opting what
we're working for.

--
Heather Vescent <http://www.heathervescent.com/>
President, The Purple Tornado, Inc <https://thepurpletornado.com/>