Verifiable Credentials Communication protocol

From: Carlos Bruguera <cbruguera@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 11:51:25 +0700
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hello everyone, I see there's a more or less precise definition on how
Verifiable Credentials are to be represented (
https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model/), however, I haven't found much on the
specification for how these credentials are requested, shared, offered,
etc. Is there a defined (or in process of being defined) protocol or "meta"
language for different entities to "talk about" credentials?

I'm wondering if defining these protocols is also within the scope of this
Group (I think it should be). I know I've read some scattered discussions
on this regard, along with the different implementations on different use
cases, but maybe there's nothing concrete as an attempt to *standardize* VC
communication among different parties?

If there's some documentation on this topic. I'd appreciate any pointers on
it.

Thanks beforehand.