Re: Verifiable Credentials on DID-Auth

On 03/26/2018 11:23 PM, Carlos Bruguera wrote:
> Hello everyone, I've been following the recent discussions on DID, and
> more specifically DID-Auth. I haven't been able to join the calls since
> I'm in a bit of an inconvenient timezone right now.
>
> I was just wondering to what degree is current discussion on this matter
> taking into account Verifiable Credentials as part of the DID-Auth flow.
> If my understanding is correct, I've only seen DID-Auth to cover the
> "proof" process of DID ownership (or private key-ownership of an
> associated public key pertaining to a DID). However, I can easily
> envision cases where the authenticating party is requiring a certain set
> of (verified) attributes linked (or owned) to the identity owner that
> corresponds to the DID being authenticated. An example is simple
> "sign-up" on a website, where /name/, /email/, /nationality/, and/or
> other personal attributes are to be provided. If such sign-up process is
> being performed via DID-Auth, it makes sense to re-use any claims that
> already attest for the validity of such attributes, and these claims
> might be or might be not publicly accessible.
>
> Any thoughts or drafted ideas/diagrams on this regard? Does this make
> any sense or maybe I'm missing something on the currently proposed
> DID-Auth flow? In case DID-Auth gets to include the request and
> verification of credentials as well, I think it should take into account
> public as well as private credentials.

Markus covered this a bit in his response, but I wanted to give you
links to the Credential Handler API which enables both DID-Auth and the
exchange of Verifiable Credentials in the browser:

Github: https://github.com/w3c-ccg/credential-handler-api

Spec: https://w3c-ccg.github.io/credential-handler-api/

Demo: https://credential-repository.demo.digitalbazaar.com/

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3XBPB4cFY