Re: Free and open standards [was Re: Bag of Data Anti-pattern]

On 01/05/2018 12:48 PM, David Booth wrote:
> For these reasons, I think it is essential that we (continue to) push
> for free and open interoperability standards.  Society as a whole
> pays a heavy price for the lack of interoperability that results from
> closed standards.

All good points, and I don't think anyone on the list would disagree.

I'm merely pointing to those specs as data points that should influence
our thinking (not the specs themselves, but how the technology is
designed and implemented) in the same way that all open standards take
in signals from open, research, and proprietary systems.

blog: The State of W3C Web Payments in 2017
http://manu.sporny.org/2017/w3c-web-payments/