Re: [Hyperledger Indy] Hyperledger Indy and Ethereum DIDs interoperability through decentralized universal resolvers on Ethereum/Indy - Nathan Aw from Singapore

I appreciate the added color on my example, but the purpose of my original
question was to unearth how the software components interact, not to dig in
on the trust-model required to use an over-21 verified claim. I probably
should have used a different example. That is also important to understand,
but I am hoping we can continue to clarify how this universal resolver will
be used in the context of the various deployments.

To make this more concrete, let's image the website in my example receives
VC which contains a DID of the form: "did:acme:xx11yy22zz33".  What steps
does this website use to find the DID document for this DID.  (This is the
first time this website has ever seen the DID method called "acme".)

I think if we can answer this in a way that satisfies the requirements to
preserve the decentralized requirements of SSI as well being scalable and
interoperable, it will go a long way to help bring people onto the SSI
bandwagon.

   -chrisb