Re: Ideas about DID explanation

On 2018-12-04 1:18 PM, Andrew Hughes wrote:

>> What do you think? Is this close?

I feel that it's close, especially taking them all together.

Reading them all inspired me to to take another stab at a version for
less technical people, as just four points:

1-- An identifier that can be self-issued;
2-- and allows selective disclosure;
3-- and data portability;
4-- and persistence.

To my reading, your lists cover three of these explicitly (1, 2 and 4)
and perhaps #3, data portability, by implication, though I'm not
certain of that due to my unfamiliarity with some of the terms.

My only concern is that your lists seem to split them; selective
disclosure, and possibly data portability, only appear in the second
list. Thus if only one list was read by a certain targeted audience
they might develop a fragmentary understanding of the basic
advantages....?

Steven