Re: DNS -> DIDs -- why not VC embedded in HTML?

I personally believe we (the CCG) should issue specs standardizing "DID
Cross-References" using all three options being discussed (DNS, WebFinger,
HTTP/HTML).

Is there any good reason for us not to specify a standard way to do each of
those three cross-reference methods? And maybe others if they are also
useful?