Re: Verifiable Claims expiration

We should keep the division (and discussion) between "Time-to-live" f a VC
and the expiation of an underlying claim VERY separate. And a one year
default is a horrible idea that doesn't represent the market truth that
expiration periods for professional credentials are all over the place (we
serve Credential Managment for 50 agencies and have literally hundreds of
rules  in place to calculate an expiration date for a status.)

Having null=never expire is reasonable, from racing an issuer t declare
"never" may also be reasonable, but we can't make up fake data in the spec.

The CG has a good discussion right naming in the sketch pad on this topic.
We should adopt from there.

-stone

--

=====