Re: Self-Sovereign Web slide deck for W3C TPAC breakouts

There's a difference between you having 'a method' vs. 'the method', where
'only' is implied in the latter.

the sentiment is good.  I'm not so crash-hot on mandating the use of
'blockchain' just yet.  This is not to say i'm absolutely apposed to the
use of block-chain; just that i want to retain the choice, and continue to
forge community work - on the basis of its availability.

I've been looking into the energy metrics of BitCoin (specifically) and am
finding issues that are not clearly communicated or addressed.  Whilst this
is 'beyond scope' (i expect?) by mandating blockchain its a factor that
needs to be addressed by consumers (ie: governments) in a manner that is
not the same as if it were simply an option.

I also note this relatively poorly/simplistically implemented example
http://www.allprivatekeys.com/random.php that brings with it other issues
i'm not sure has been addressed.

The 'stack' you are suggesting should be mandatorily replaced; has alot of
'heritage' to it.  Whilst certainly many consider various aspects that are
considered 'broken', it's better not to turf out the baby with the bath
water.   Indeed also, upon what basis is this work incubated within W3C?

ICANN has only recently undergone significant changes. Have you fully
thought through the implications of what (and how) you are proposing a
solution to the very real issues you've illustrated on the first few
pages?

ATM (IMHO): we can't even figure out an inclusive socio-economic
participation model for doing this work, let alone having 'trust' in the
application of it for others.  How do we make sure people are rewarded for
'doing good' more than they are rewarded for knowingly doing otherwise?
Can we drive into the economic structures of how this work has been done
and demonstrate we have solved that problem?

These systems are proposing a new means of binding economic participation
(of humanity) with the infosphere which is far more complex than the simple
needs of 'persona ficta' on any level. imho.

finally; i'd like to see a robots.rdf example of how this is used.  This
spreadsheet[1] shows schema related tools.  rather than updating this, i'd
prefer to see how it's automatically updated by each owner being able to
update their own discovery file (formatted in some sort of RDF
serialisation) which is then able to be discovered in a decentralised
manner, and presented (leveraging the underlying structured data).
 Therein; i think this is a simpler implementation example that should
in-turn highlight otherwise less explored issues that are likely to apply
to the modelling; currently implemented in far more significant ways; when
applied to humans, rather than 'sites'.

Tim.H.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19IEgvdvwl_EOGhmIFinVQu4OerRojeje8PaZWGvoO4Q/edit#gid=0