Re: Self-Sovereign Web slide deck for W3C TPAC breakouts

On 2017-10-29 6:10 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a rough draft of the "A Vision for a Self-Sovereign Web" slide
> deck that some of us are going to present at W3C TPAC during plenary day
> (Wednesday, November 8th):
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1woq0pZD872NvhBIu90GIZMf8MQLWCtXM1NCx8n6s0VM/edit
>
> I realize that it's very light on the details, mostly because it's a
> status update w/ a hint of what's coming down the pipeline (DIDs and
> Credential Handler API) for W3C members. It's meant to be a conversation
> starter rather than a full blown introduction to DIDs and the Credential
> Handler API.
>
> Comments, feedback, update suggestions welcome.

IMO it seems good as conversation starter -- minor issues only:

It seemed a bit overdone to have Oma's face show up four times at the
beginning; every second card. Admittedly she's cute, but for me that
just made it more of a jolt the third and fourth time she shows up. As
opposed to having her show again at the end, which did seem appropriate.

And...the final page of "Community Leaders", puzzled me in several ways:

1) Does "Community Leaders" signify an official designation, ie.,
"Leaders of Community Groups"? Or is it an unofficial opinion, that
these people are small-c "community leaders". And if the latter, whose
opinion is it?

2) Is there a meaning to the arrangement of the pictures/names? It's
not alphabetical. Is it random? It could be -- although:

3) The upper left spot, Manu Sporny, Digital Bazaar, is the only one
with no W3C position specified, and the only one with an e-mail
provided. So that position, at least, seems unlikely to be random. But
I'm not sure why it's been done. —Perhaps the Copyright by Digital
Bazaar, at the bottom, is related to providing this e-mail at the
upper left? If so: is it indicating that this is a Digital Bazaar
project, and that's who should be contacted/supported? (Especially
combined with the DB logo on card #1, which I now see, having missed
it the first time). —So I'm not sure I understand the relationship
between Digital Bazaar, the W3C, and the project very well, based on
the slide deck.

Perhaps all these things are explained clearly by the talk. But that's
what I get from just the deck itself.

Steven